Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Peachy

We took a trip out to the Church Orchard a couple weeks ago to pick peaches with our ward. We had a good time and afterward we bought a bunch to bring home and can. Yummy!







The trees had been pretty well picked over and the only peaches left were up pretty high or well hidden. Shaylie actually found more peaches than the rest of us combined - her little vantage point did the trick.



I LOVE the satisfaction of rows and rows of beautiful fruit bottled up for the family. As a mom, you can't usually see the results of a hard day's work. Stories read, meals cooked (and eaten), laundry washed (and dirtied again), kids taxi'ed here and there... But lined up on my counter - see? I did something today!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. Hey there by the way. I knew you guys had a blog, but finally got around to checking up on you guys. Look at your baby!! Last time I talked to you I think it was when you found out you were pregnant. Did you ever end up going on that cruise? Well I love all the pictures. Awesome. Take care.

Susan

Amy said...

AMEN SISTER! I am so jealous! There really is not many things as satisfying as seeing all the jars lined up in a row and hearing the ping of the lids. Next year I will have to come up and be slave labor for you and mom. I love canning but we just can't get the fruit cheap enough to make it worth my while.

See you in two weeks. You did know we are comming up on the 24 right? well now you do.

Becky said...

Hey Tendra! I found your blog! You're doing such a great job. You make me laugh in some of your posts. You have such a cute family!

Vicki said...

Great job Tendra! They look delicious. I know how you feel about a hard days work going unnoticed, I think all mom's can relate.

Anonymous said...

Okay now this looks like harder work than any of our daily duties! Good work!