Sunday, March 1, 2009

What shoe are you?



My calling at church right now is Activity Days Leader. Last week we held our special recognition night; our theme was a twist on the scripture in D&C 19:10. It was called "The Worth of 'Soles'." As part of the activity, we set up a display table and invited each girl to bring the pair of shoes they think best describes some part of their personality. There was a little card attached for them to explain. I had to do it, too. I had a hard time, but finally decided on a pair of hiking boots. I wrote, "I chose these shoes because like me, they like to be outdoors (as long as its sunny). And like me, they're not very stylish but they are made to go the distance."

When I came home, Carter had not seen what I brought and I asked him for his opinion of what shoe best describes my personality. He thought for a minute and then said, "Maybe your Uggs? They are warm and comfy, and you like to be warm and comfy." Hmmm. I suppose that's true, but I hope that's not the defining characteristic of me. I was also fairly offended that he picked such a big, sloppy, clunky shoe. "Is that how you see me??" I asked. Poor Carter...I don't know if there would have been a correct answer. He hates it when I ask him stuff like that.

So, just for fun, I'm opening it up to you. If you had to pick a shoe that describes some part of you, what would it be?

5 comments:

Alanya/Ally said...

That is a tricky one! I thought when you described the dance shoes, that would be me. I was a dancer for a long time... but now I run a lot... still don't absolutely love it... but then I thought a little more. I think I would have to be my peep-tow, satin, ruffled, heels. I LOVE those shoes! I always try to look cute and act the part, but most times I'm a little uncomfortable in what I'm doing. (motherhood, church calling, wife, ect.) It seems I can always do better, and try to be more comfortable with my choices. (There's a lot more I could say, but I've taken up way too much space already!) :)

You did great, by the way!

Amy said...

Hummmm, this one took some thinking!

I have made my decision though.I choose my crocs! They are comfy, and I can wear them anywhere in my daily life. I am a wash and go kind of person! From my clothes to my hair to my daily activities. They hold up well under daily service~which is what fills my life right now! Yep I am a croc!

Fun ? it really made me think....although knowing me I will change my mind a few times today~I think as women we wear so many (shoes) that it depends which moment we are in which shoe we are! Great fun!

Angie Miller said...

My red high heels, baby!

Anonymous said...

My Birkes! They slip on quick and easy for an instant Go. They are form-fit and comfy and hold onto my foot even when I walk fast and long or slow and easy, or go backward. They take me from play to work--I even wore them when I ran behind Makenna's learn-to-ride bike! And, very importantly, they come off quick and easy when I enter "home."

Anonymous said...

Tendra, I want to vote on YOUR shoe. Think about your brown, strapped, shoes. They really "go the distance" both inside and outside, in good weather or bad. They are sturdy and comfy, yet classy looking. No glitz that hurts your eyes after a while--just good quality beauty that stays through the test of time!