Friday, May 8, 2009

My Great Brains

I'm definitely NOT referring to my own "great brains." But Jayden and Makenna both elected to participate in the Great Brain Project at their school this spring. They each had to research a topic of their choosing, then present what they learned in some creative way. Jayden chose to study Sasquatch, (because who doesn't need to know a little more about that?!) Makenna chose koala bears, because they are cute. They had to present it first to their own classes and then in an assembly-of-sorts in the school library before the other kids and their parents. They both did beautifully and I was so proud of all their hard work, so I wanted to showcase their projects.


Jayden had Carter help him make a plaster mold of a "Big Foot" which was kind of fun, and he downloaded some recordings of "actual" Sasquatch screams, which was hillarious!


Makenna shared what she learned by writing a couple adorable poems about Koalas.

Kyler and Shaylie also felt the need to get in on the action and they made their own projects. They cut their favorite animal pictures from Ranger Rick Magazines. Shaylie's is about butterflies.

1 comment:

Grandma Sue said...

Tendra, you certainly COULD have been talking about your "great brain," or Carter's, too, for that matter! I am grateful that the two of you created five such beautiful little brains.

Kids, I loved all of your projects!

Jayden, it is ironic that I was reviewing a book about Sasquatch at Books for the Blind at that same time. You know, there is a lot of scientific evidence--Maybe they are real!

Makenna, I'm with you. Koalas are cute. Someday I want to see a real live one in Australia! I'm so sorry I gave away my stuffed Koala mommy and baby before we moved.