Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Twin Falls




Our family took a drive to Twin Falls. It was a quick trip, but filled with special moments that will be wonderful memories. We stopped to admire the view of the gorge from the overlook at the Perrine Bridge.
I was so excited to take my children to see the new Twin Falls Temple. I love the temple so much, and the peace and joy I feel there. This was a unique opportunity to give my children at least a small glimpse of the beauty and spirit of a temple. I was a little worried at first that the whole experience would be lost on them when they got so infatuated with stomping around in their crinkly booties. But it didn't take long for their faces to register the reverence and awe they soon felt. Jayden asked lots of questions about baptisms for the dead, which he will be able to do in less than two years. I enjoyed showing Makenna the lovely brides dressing room. Sitting in the Celestial Room, squished on a couch with my dear husband and children all around me, I couldn't help dreaming of the day we will again sit together in this room of a temple.
That evening I also had the opportunity to take Jayden and Makenna to see the stage production of Saturday's Warrior and White Star. The story of Saturday's Warrior was such a part of my growing-up years, I couldn't wait to share it with them. We had so much fun.

We stayed with Steve Boren, a great friend of Carter's since they were kids. Steve lives on a farm, and my little city-slickers had a ball. He let them ride a horse. Steve also has the absolute coolest guest house I've ever seen. My kids called it the "Haunted Mansion."












3 comments:

Amy said...

WAY cool guest house. How fun!

Jack's said...

It was so good to see you!
Love the house by the way!
Kristen

Ginger and Gregg said...

I love those pics. How cool to take your kids to the temple.