Saturday, June 4, 2011

Chinese New Year

I always meant to be one of those moms who plans cute little projects to do with my kids. And I do try, but it doesn't happen as often as I would like. But this year I found some time to play around with my two youngest on the afternoon of Chinese New Year. Carter and I both having served Asian missions, this holiday has a some special meaning. (Actually, it has meaning on two levels, because our first date also coincidentally happened on Chinese New Year and we went to eat Chinese food. The restaurant gave our whole group free drinks, and I pretended not to know how to use chopsticks because Carter was so cute trying to teach me.)

The kids and I made a nifty Chinese dragon and some lanterns. We hung them up over the table and we ate dinner with chopsticks that night.



1 comment:

Alanya/Ally said...

Okay, that is pretty darn cute. I love that you pretended not to know how to use chopsticks. And I'm still so impressed you can still use the language on the spot. Good job!