Sunday, April 18, 2010

Brennan


Brennan has definitely had the biggest changes of all in the last year. He learned the most important life skill - potty training. That is old news, since he was potty trained ages ago, but I guess I just mention it because it is so exciting for Mom not to have any kids in diapers! Whahoo! But that also means I don't have a baby anymore, just big kids. In fact Brennan is obsessed with growing up "Big like Hulk." If he ever objects to eating healthy food on his plate I just have to remind him it will help him grow up big like Hulk, and he gobbles it right up. His favorite phrase is, "Mom, look how fast I can run!"

Brennan brings a lot of life and fun into our family. His most famous contribution to our family hillarity is this.... I had to video it for you. He discovered that playing the name game with Daddy's name creates "Carter, Carter, bo-barter, fee, fi, fo-farter - Carter!" Somehow this joke never gets old, even to Daddy, who thinks it is adorable.

Brennan's favorite hobby is pretending. He spends most of his waking hours with his red cape tied around him, pretending to be a super hero or a Power Ranger. Or Harry Potter. Or whatever.



Brennan's favorite things in this world are pockets. Each morning as soon as he opens his eyes he tells me he wants to put on some pants with pockets. His most frequent question to me is, "Guess what's in my pocket!" Sometimes that's a scary thought with little boys, but usually his pockets are full of neat treasures like cool rocks, a rubberband, a toy airplane, a car, etc. He did worry me just yesterday, though, when he told me all about the worm he had dug up and kept in his pocket until he came to the part when he let it go again.

This is the picture that made Brennan famous. Grandpa Mawson had been telling me for months that they are always putting pictures in the newspaper of kids that aren't half as cute as our little guy. So when Brennan fell asleep during lunch the day after Thanksgiving and I snapped this picture, Grandpa insisted I send it in. They printed it in the IdaChatter section. Don't worry, he hasn't let all the fame go to his head.



Brennan absolutely loves all his grandparents. He loves his "Cabin Grandma and Grandpa," his "Grandma and Grandpa with Sasha," and he has a special relationship with his beloved "Gwappa Mawson." (his great-grandpa). Here they are watching a hockey game together.



Brennan, you are a sweet, fun little guy and we love you!!

No comments: