Sunday, April 18, 2010

Shaylie Sue

My Curly Girly...



A little ray of sunshine in my day, Shaylie's bright, bubbly personality is always fun to have around. Her unpredictability keeps things interesting, since we never know what she might say next.

Shaylie is in love with everything glamorous, everything romantic, and all things dramatic.


I have at least a million dress-up pictures of Shaylie. It's her favorite thing.



Shaylie spruced up my style for me while we watched General Conference. What do you think?? "Now you're fancy,"Shaylie said.

And speaking of hair, Shaylie's biggest trial in life is her own short, little curls. More than once she has announced to complete strangers in a very optimistic way, "See my hair? It's growing!"
But she was super excited recently when we discovered it is finally long enough to put into cute little piggie tails.



Here is a silly picture to introduce a few of the funnier things my little girl has said lately that made us giggle.



Shaylie-isms... She recently combed her hair all big and fluffy in front and announced, "Look! I have a bulbous bouffant!" Thanks to Aunt Amy and Dr. Dimento for that one...
She sometimes gets her words mixed up and prays for our prophet, "Heavenly Monson."
When she first turned three she used to be deathly afraid of "spagittos" because they give you "spagitto bites."
And she was feeling left out this spring as several members of our family became miserable with allergies, so she announced, "I am allergic to cars, 'cause they can run me over!"

We are so thankful for Shaylie's sweet, affectionate spirit and her energetic hugs. She is unfailingly generous and shares absolutely anything without prompting. Shaylie, we love you and we are so thankful to have you in our family!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh, I am sure her bulbous bouffant was fab, and truly authentic looking! I will happily take the blame for that songs intro into the family!

Cant wait to see you all in a week and a half!