Sunday, November 2, 2008

Jayden's Last Pinewood Derby

DRAGONFIRE!


I'm pretty sure that if I asked Jayden what is his favorite part of Cub Scouts, he'd say it's the Pinewood Derby. He worked very hard and came up with a cool-looking car which did very well in the races. He spent a lot of time drawing sketches with designs for his car this year. Jayden borrowed Grandpa Robinson's tools and he cut the car out himself! I'm glad I wasn't around to see that. My little (big) son operating a power saw is enough to make my heart stop. But he did great and still has all his fingers. He spent hours sanding it to perfection and painted and decorated it himself. Dad helped with the wheels and, viola! Jayden's car won first place out of the Weeblos and third place overall!


Grandpa Mawson came to support Jayden, too. I love this picture of Grandpa holding Brennan.


I know Jayden treasured the time he got to hang out with Dad while working on the car.

Jayden also earned his Weeblo Scout Award at this pack meeting, and he is all set to achieve his Arrow of Light next month. We are proud of you, Jayden!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandpa and I are VERY proud of you, too, Jayden! It is awesome to watch you grow up into such a fine young man. We will continue to watch as you hike the trail to EAGLE!

Camille and Mike said...

Good job Jayden!! How you can be a winning racer with a dodge-ball champion like your father is beyond me.

Thanks for the great blog Tendra.

Anonymous said...

Jayden- Great car!!!!!How long did that take you to make? You know after seeing the structures you have made it should not surprise me at all! That looked like a lot of work! Great Job!!