Tuesday, November 25, 2008

No Rolling Your Eyes, Carter!

Okay, so I went to see Twilight on Saturday, and I haven't seen or talked to anyone since then, and I want to know what everyone thought.
Personally, I was a little nervous to watch it. Once you've seen a movie, those images are forever stuck and it changes the way the story looked in your head. I was afraid to hand over the reigns to a story that I really liked in my head. But anyway, I was very relieved, because I liked it. I thought it wasn't perfect, but better than I thought it might be. I wasn't sold on Robert Patterson as Edward, but by the end I was okay with him. And parts of the movie felt too rushed to me. What did you think? I guess you have to condense some things to fit it into a two hour movie. Overall, I approve, but I think I'd better see it again to be sure:)
Shout out to tell me what you thought.

8 comments:

JD said...

I loved it. I thought there were some really cheesy parts but that's to be expected when you are dealing with a human in love with a vampire (Lion in love with a lamb...LOVE that part). I was scared too but came out loving the Edward they cast. There were times I wanted to smack "Bella" on the back of the head and tell her to spit it out...her acting can use some work before the next film comes out. Overall, I was impressed and even went to see it a second time and loved it that much more.

Anonymous said...

I loved it. The only part about movies is you get facial expressions and not the thoughts like in the book, but they did a good job. I want to go and see it again too. I think I might just have too. =)

Amy said...

Can I just Say WOW! I FINALLY say it saturday night~doubled with the wambaughs. I will have to call and chat about it though! love your favorite sister!

Wendy said...

I loved it! Of course the books are always better but it was fun going to see it.

The Jorgensens, said...

I am a huge fan of the books! I read them every few months. Silly I know, but I have to have my Edward fix! I thought the movie was a little low budget but I still loved it and would like to see it again. I can't wait for the next one.

Anonymous said...

The best part of watching Twilight was watching it with my Little Girl! I thought the setting of the movie was perfect. I was OK with the Bella and Cullen family characters (except Jasper who looked like he was in shock the whole movie). Edward needed to wash his hair so he could get the naturally touseled look. Lose the Goop jell! Tendra, I agree with the "rushed" plot development. I don't think they developed the whole "love" theme very well. It was as if they just assumed we knew about it going in and they didn't have to build that in. Perhaps we did need to "hear" some of Bella's thoughts, or a girlfriend chat with Angela--something to make all that animosity move over into the LOVE! I also enjoyed the movie and want to see it again, but I'm not sure it's a "buyer." I already own the books and I'll go back to them periodically for the real stuff. Although I have to say in the books the "Bella is a clutz" theme was so overdone and got tedious. The movie handled that better.

Aaron and Jen Budge said...

I never read the books. (I'm not a big reader) but I loved the movie. I love any movie with young romance. I wanted to wait in the theater hoping it wasn't over when it was. I could have watched hours and hours of their little love story. SO CUTE

Angie Miller said...

Perfect assessment!