Friday, January 16, 2009

Poor Makenna's Faceplant


Makenna slipped on the ice yesterday coming home from school. With her hands in her pockets, she landed on her face, as you can see. She was a bloody mess and nearly hysterical. A bump was raising right before my eyes. It took some work to calm us all down and clean her up. I took this picture this morning, but I should have waited because the blue-black eye is deepening as the day goes on. She was pretty tough, though, once the initial trauma wore off. So my question to any friend out there with medical savvy... should I medicate her shredded cheek with Neosporin and bandage it or leave it alone?

4 comments:

Alyce Dribnak said...

Poor Makenna! Tyler just recovered from one on his chin. We tried the bandage thing, but neosporin worked the best. We used the creamy kinds and just made sure it stayed moist. Good luck and don't let her pick...

Anonymous said...

Poor girl. The ice can be very scary. My sister in law had to end up with back surgery because she slipped on some ice. I hope that it heals fast. She still is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hey poor kid! Our family had some close calls with the ice too. Definately put some neosporin on her cheek or some mederma for kids that way she won't have a scar!

Lynette said...

Makenna I hope you are feeling better!!