Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Our family talked a lot and ate a lot, which makes it a perfect day in my book. We shared the day with Grandma and Grandpa Robinson, Great-Grandpa Mawson, Aunt Karla and Uncle Glenn, and their boys Jeremy and Brice. We hosted the affair at our house, which was a first for me. I learned a few things. For instance, next time I won't wait until Thanksgiving Day to discover that the 20 pound turkey won't fit into any pan that I own. I will also remember that it is better to trust the little pop-up meat thermometer than to take the turkey out of the oven because it looks done to me. (That will save having to secretly carve around the still-pink parts of the turkey). Ah, well. It was still a very fun day. Here are some shots of our group.


One special thing was that I got to use the beautiful dishes Grandma Mawson gave me before she passed away. There weren't enough for everyone so I had to alternate with other dishes, but the table still came out looking pretty. These are a few more pictures I liked of the guys playing some pool before dinner, the kids helping set the table, Makenna with the napkin rings she helped me make (aren't we fancy! :) and one happy pumpkin pie face.





And last, but not least, Jayden's birthday fell right on Thanksgiving Day this year. (He was actually born on Thanksgiving Day.) So he got to blow out his candles in a coconut cream pie and open some gifts after dinner. By the way, Jayden, you can thank your dad for that gift. You can be sure it wasn't my idea. He got a real cake at his birthday party later on.
Jayden, we love you!! Happy Birthday!!

No comments: